Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Saw Jeet's blog today. Must confess that it looked more like a well-maintained-series personal diary entries :-P (obviously, with only a meagre bit of that *personal* thing! :-D).
BTW, not far from my passion for Pink Floyd is Bill Waterson's creation - Calvin & Hobbes, i.e. . I rummage C&H through the Internet almost on daily basis (90% of that Internet being orkut, as of now :-D).
Hmm... I think I'll have to change "Here's my today's strip of the day:" to "I would've liked to upload my calvin and hobbes strip of the day", because blogger is not allowing me uploading any files, as of now. But I'll finish nonetheless with a wonderful dialogue Calvin has with Hobbes:

Calvin:Today at school, I tried to decide whether to cheat on my test or not. I wondered, is it better to do the right thing and fail ... or is it better to do the wrong thing and succeed? On the one hand, undeserved success gives no satisfaction ... but on the other hand, well-deserved failure gives no satisfaction either. Of course, most everybody cheats some time or other. People always bend the rules if they think they can get away with it ... then again, that doesn't justify my cheating. Then I thought, look, cheating on one little test isn't such a big deal. It doesn't hurt anyone ... but then I wondered if I was just rationalizing my unwillingness to accept the consequence of not studying. Still, in the real world, people care about success, not principles ... then again, maybe that's why the world is in such a mess. What a dilemma!
Hobbes: So what did you decide?
Calvin: Nothing. I ran out of time and I had to turn in a blank paper.
Hobbes: Anymore, simply acknowledging the issue is a moral victory.
Calvin: Well, it just seemed wrong to cheat on an ethics test.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeet said...

Are cool. tum bhi blog karne lage.. :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Ya .. my blog is actually a diary which describes events happening in my life.. nothing much :) for more 'right half of the brain' stuff.. click on any of the links on my blog :D

12:17 AM  
Blogger Ghushe said...

This one line describes calvin so well:

Reality still continues to ruin my life!!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home